Denver DUI Attorney
If you’ve been charged with DUI, DWAI, or vehicular homicide, the decisions you make in the coming days, weeks, and months can have permanent consequences.
Regardless of your situation, being accused of a crime like a DUI is a serious matter, and it demands serious action in order to ensure that your rights are upheld and protected when your day in court comes.
In the United States, all criminal suspects are innocent until proven guilty. It’s part of what makes this country great. You have a right to protect yourself with a sound, strategic legal defense starting the moment you are arrested, accused, or charged with a crime.
For fearless, local drunk driving defense call 303-725-0017
Get a confidential, free consultation
Payment plans and financing are available
At the Law Office of Matthew A. Martin, PC, we specialize in providing high-powered, tactical criminal defense representation and expert legal counsel for those facing criminal charges. We know the Colorado court system better than anyone else, and we have the detailed understanding of the criminal justice system that you want working for you in cases of DUI, DWAI, or vehicular homicide.
Before You Do Anything, Learn the Facts about DUI Charges
Regardless whether this is your first, second, or fifth DUI, there are facts about how these prosecutions play out—facts that you need to know.
Before you make any crucial decision like accepting a plea deal, admitting guilt, representing yourself, or even agreeing to answer investigators’ questions, consider these Colorado DUI facts:
- A DUI charge does not necessarily mean a DUI conviction. There’s a lot that can happen in a DUI case that can work in your favor. Evidence can be determined unreliable, procedures can be executed in error, and prosecuting attorneys or the DA can make mistakes.
These situations happen frequently, and if you don’t have a knowledgeable attorney who knows how to capitalize on these case developments, your chances of a favorable outcome are severely limited. Just because you’ve been charged does not mean you’ve been convicted and sentenced.
It means you need an attorney. Now.
- Most DUI/DWAI cases hinge on potentially flawed, subjective incriminating criteria. Did you know that field sobriety tests and police officer judgement calls are not perfect? And, did you know that making a determination about your level of intoxication is subjective and therefore prone to scrutiny?
An expert DUI defense attorney will know exactly how to take action during a DUI case to challenge incriminating evidence like field sobriety tests, breathalyzer results, and officer testimony.
However, this can’t happen unless you contact us for a consultation.
- The track record of the DUI defense attorney you hire matters. You don’t want a family law or tax attorney representing your best interest in a DUI, DWAI, or vehicular homicide case. You need a proven, pedigreed criminal defense lawyer with an established history of successfully representing clients in situations like yours.
That’s why Matt Martin is your best choice. Matt has been practicing law for more than 25 years. For the first 13 years of his career, Matt was a prosecutor working as a deputy district attorney in Arapahoe, Douglas and Jefferson counties.
So, not only has Matt Martin prosecuted cases like yours, he’s been dealing with the Colorado courts for decades. This level of experience is exceptionally rare, and it’s incredibly valuable for those facing DUI charges.
A forceful and effective DUI defense is structured around your rights, your options, and your potential outcome. To safeguard your future, you need more than just common sense and a little luck. You need world-class legal defense and the guidance of an attorney who knows what it takes to get not guilty verdicts, get cases dismissed, get reduced charges, and fight for you when it matters most.
Know the Law, Protect Your Future
Colorado law is harsh and unrelenting when it comes to fines, penalties, and jail time for those convicted of DUI/DWAI. These include:
- A minimum of 10 days in jail if your blood alcohol content (BAC) exceeded .20 for a first offense.
- A minimum of 10 days in jail if you’re convicted of a second DUI/DWAI within five years of your first offense.
- A minimum of 60 days in jail for a third offense within your lifetime.
- A minimum of two years’ probation for second and third offenses, totaling more than $1,200 in probation supervision fees alone.
- A requirement to install an ignition interlock device on your car if you are a repeat offender or if you were pulled over with a BAC of .15 or higher.
The State of Colorado has enacted tough penalties in an effort to stop repeat offenders. Mandatory jail time, fines and probation are likely if you are found guilty. The penalties can be life altering, with jail time and extensive fines as real possibilities for first time and repeat offenders including:
The penalties get even steeper and longer-lasting if there are other charges that are included in your case. Things like resisting arrest, drug possession, or weapons-related offenses can add up to a potentially dire litany of accusations.
But, here’s the most important point: you are being charged or accused, not convicted or sentenced. This means a world of difference for those facing DUI, DWAI, or vehicular homicide charges. It means you have time and opportunity to defend yourself, and the legal team at Matthew A. Martin, PC is your best chance at obtaining a favorable outcome in your case.
Right Now, Time Is Your Best Friend
It’s completely understandable if you’re panicked or fretting about what to do with a DUI or DWAI charge looming over your head. It’s tempting to consult with family, friends, or legal professionals you might have in your social network.
We get it. You are right to be frantically searching for any advice or direction that might help you beat your case or at least minimize the damage that will be done to your pocketbook, your future, and your good name.
However, it’s important to realize that your best friend right now is not any single person in your family, community, or business. It’s time.
For those being charged with DUI, DWAI, or vehicular homicide, time is the single most valuable resource. The sooner you can take action to defend yourself and the more time you have to develop a strong defense, the better you’re going to fare in the long run.
We know this because we’ve seen it time and time again. We’ve also seen what happens when people don’t take their case seriously and when they don’t choose to hire a competent, knowledgeable attorney to represent them. Things don’t go well.
The Matt Martin DUI Defense Process
The legal team at Matthew A. Martin, PC only works criminal defense cases that are only tried and administered in the state of Colorado. It’s all we do.
When you contact us about your DUI, DWAI, or vehicular homicide case, we get to work immediately. Our unique DUI defense process includes the following steps:
- Initial consultation. This is free, and it can often be done over the phone or in person (we can come to you if need be, any day of the week).
- Retention agreement. After discussing the basic facts of your case, you will be given the option to retain our legal defense services.
- Evidence gathering. We will begin building a cache of evidence that will be used to support your defense. This evidence may come from you or others.
- Defense strategy development. As quickly and as effectively as possible, we will get to work on developing a strong legal defense strategy that takes all of the factors of your case into consideration.
- Ongoing updates, motion filing, and representation. For as long as it takes, our team will advise you and represent you in Colorado court until the final outcome of your case has been determined.
As you already know, there’s a lot you stand to lose if you allow the prosecuting attorney to step all over rights (and they will if given the chance). This doesn’t have to happen. Hiring the legal team at Matthew A. Martin, PC is your best chance at bolstering your legal defense in the face of a DUI, DWAI, or vehicular homicide charge in Colorado.
If you think you can’t afford top-tier criminal defense services, think again: we will work with you to establish a payment plan that fits within your budget. After all, you could be facing fees and penalties that could amount to more than what you’ll end up paying us for your defense.
Remember that the Colorado criminal justice system has all the cards stacked in their favor until you hire an attorney. Only then do you have a fighting chance.
When you’re ready to take action to protect your livelihood in the face of a DUI, DWAI, or vehicular homicide charge, we’re ready to work with you.
We know this is a stressful, upsetting, and tumultuous time. It can be difficult to think clearly in light of everything that’s going on. But, one thing is for sure: hiring Matthew Martin to represent your interests in court is the single best decision you can make right now.
Take control of your future, and make the call. We look forward to hearing from you.